Monday, March 11, 2013

Put down the Box!!!!!



I made a cake from scratch y'all, 
and it turned out pretty good!




So we were stupid broke today(when arnt we?) and we didnt really have the money for gas to drive out to a park or the beach.  So I decided to make a cake to pass the time, and it didn't work, because it takes no fucking time at all to make a friggen cake.  It took me longer to wash the dishes.  This is another great way to show how the corporations have us, I thought it was going to be a big deal to make a cake without a mix.  It totally isn't.  When you use a cake mix, there are a few things you need.
Cake Mix (duh)
Oil
Water
Eggs

Ok, pretty easy right?  Mix it all up, throw it in the oven, viola!

Four ingredients, The companies make it so easy for you!

This is the ingredients for a made from scratch, truly homemade cake.

Sugar
Butter
Eggs
Vanilla
Flour
Baking powder
Milk

Seven ingredients, I added a little Hot Chocolate drink mix because I have a crapload of it. I got a bunch of big ass things of it for a dollar awhile back.

The frosting of my cake is a carmel type frosting.  I made that because I bought a bunch of Sweetened condensed milk when it was on sale.

Seven Ingredients instead of four, and it's all stuff most of us have in our cabinets every day.  And it was great!  Fluffy and moist!  Do you research, don't believe that you can't do something just becaus e you've been taught the "easy" way your whole life!!  The better way is the from scratch way, not the boxed crap you get at the store!!

1 cup white sugar              
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
 
Preheat to 350

With a recipe, usually you will work your way down it in order.  Cream the sugar and butter with a mixer.  add the eggs one at a time, then vanilla flour baking powder and then milk, cream all together.  I used a bundt pan (Thanks Ma!!), grease up the pan, sprinkle flour in pan and evenly coat.  Pour in the batter and cook until the cake springs back when touched.  Boom.  Delicious.

Listening to
Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros
40 Day Dream


She got jumper cable lips
She got sunset on her breath now
I inhaled just a little bit
Now I got no fear of death now



No comments:

Post a Comment