Thursday, March 7, 2013

What are we eating?

I had a revelation yesterday.  Not really a revelation, maybe more of a realization.  I was going through my kitchen and getting rid of old stuff and throwing away things.  I had a bunch of potatoes and onions and garlic that I forgot about.  All of them had plant parts growing off of them.  My first thought was, "Damn, I need to throw these away, nasty sons of bitches went bad."  Think about that for a second, Beautiful green plants were doing the best they could to grow in my dark dank cabinet, and my first thought was that they are going bad.  What the hell is wrong with us as a society that we look at growing vegetables and go right away to spoiled?  We are all sheep doing whatever corporations tell us arn't we?  We go to these big, garish, artificially lit megaliths built with the sole purpose to make us spend more money than we need to.  Everything in a grocery store is set up so you buy more.  The colorful packaging, the "natural", "organic', "low fat", "no cholesterol" misleading labeling, the essentials being in the back so you have to go through all the crap to get there, the expensive items at eye level, everything is done so you will buy more stuff you don't need and probably really dont want.  Thats without even getting to the food.  Does anyone here know who owns kraft?  Philip Morris, then they renamed themselves Altria to distance themselves from the tobacco industry.  Thats right, Marlboro owns Kraft.  And we know how honest the tobacco industry is.  These people are trying to convince you that all the crap they make is good for you!!!   All processed food is screwed up so much that the vitamins have to be put back in after they make it, and do you know where those vitamins come from?  Most vitamin D is from sheep grease.  Thats right, sheep grease.  The wool is sent to China and the grease is stripped from the wool with chemicals like acetone and benzine, then the grease is stripped of the vitamin D, thats then made into a powder and put in huge vats and shipped to us to happily gobble up.  Some types of Vitamin B is processed from nylon, nylon comes from petroleum.  YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH US!!!!!! 
My Flag of Defiance!!
My little growing garden
       As Dr. Dre would say "now back to the lecture at hand".  These people don't want the best for you, thats why you think the vegetables growing are going bad.  If they really cared, they would print instructions on the bags on how to plant a garden, and use the bag the food came in as compost or mulch!  They give us the means to grow the stuff ourselves and we keep going back and buying more!!!   People, we need to get out of this mindset of consumerism, and please plant those veggies that are growing in your kitchen, they are begging to feed you forever!

Listening to
Still Dre
The Chronic 2001
Still, I stay close to the heat
And even when I was close to defeat, I rose to my feet
My life is like a soundtrack I wrote to the beat 



The super dogs approve, although Sam looks surprised...
     So here is my first contribution to that.  I planted all the veggies I had growing.  and I will do it all the time now.  Viva La Revolution!!

No comments:

Post a Comment